‘Fresh & Clean’ is a huge lunchtime seller in the restaurants; this salad is rightly named because of its ultimate fresh flavour profile and all round great nutritional value.
The lightly salted texture of the Labneh adds a subtle richness to the dish, combined with the earthy sweetness of the beetroot and the balsamic, and the suprise harshness of the pickled red onions.
The Dukkah just adds a lovely crunch to the dish and works with the peppery flavour of the watercress, the raspberries are just pure decadence, its a complex array of flavours that just work in this attractive combination.
‘Fresh & Clean’ Roasted Beetroot, Labneh, DukkahPrint Recipe
- 800g Beetroot, Roasted and cut into chunks
- 400g Puy lentils
- 10 Tablespoons of red onions (Marinated in apple cider vinegar)
- 6 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 Bunches of fresh Watercress
- 8 Radishes sliced
- 200g Labneh (or Full Fat Greek yogurt with a pinch of salt mixed in)
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 6 tablespoons of toasted nuts and seeds (crushed into a Dukkah)
- Fresh raspberries
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black pepper
Mix the beetroot chunks with the lentils and red onions
Stir through the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season well
Arange the watercress on the plate and top with the beetroot
Finish with the radish, Labneh, mint, Dukkah and strawberries.